We are dedicated to providing the highest level of care to insure that your eyes see their best today and in the future. We will determine if you need correction for nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism and discuss treatment by glasses, contact lenses or laser vision correction. This is the portion of an eye examination that is most familiar. However, we also perform numerous tests to uncover underlying disease that may affect your vision or overall health.
- Medical history and medication review (various medications and diseases can affect the eye)
- External & internal eye health examination
- Eye pressure (glaucoma) testing
- Visual field evaluation
- Pupil and eye muscle testing
- Cataract evaluation
- Corneal examination
Children’s examinations include testing for conditions that can impact their developing visual system, or may interfere with their ability to read and learn.
- Focusing ability and efficiency
- Eye teaming and depth perception
- Ocular muscle evaluations for amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Eye tracking for reading
Approximately 80% of children with reading problems have an underlying vision problem. We can treat most of these conditions with prescription lenses or vision therapy.